Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bare with me..







I always hate the first day of school- not because I dislike school but because I hate making new friends. August 2 was like the first day of school again, and I wasnt looking forward to that part of the trip. However, I can honestly say that the friends that I made on this trip will be life long friends because we have seen, learned and experienced so much here. This time last week, I would have never thought that I would have been looking at Ernest like an annoying brother. I dont think I will ever forget the first day we went to the market together and how he tried protect me from the persistent market vender's. I dont think I would have bonded so closely with Clairice, my fellow radio. She and I sing songs all day to keep our energy up from this exhausting trip. And Mariah, she is soo funny. She and I always miss the jokes and are often lost in the sauce :) Nij has a spending habit and its hilarious. He sits up and talks to the vendors and then buys it after having a good convo wit them. Its funny. Me and Havian have grown more as sisters and closers as friends. Before the trip I didnt know Brittany or Angela, Robert or Marcy either but they and everyone else are all cool too. I love love love Dr Carr and Dr Williams. Im usually tired at the end of the day and I dont want to go to lecture, but I go because I know that they are tired too.
Today we went to Karnak, it was sooo big. It was filled with temples of many of the Pharaohs. It was enlightening because I knew that I was walking in the same steps of my ancestors. That is the best part of this trip for me-its knowing that Im talking in the footsteps of those who birthed humanity and brought math, science, technology, and art the world. Today we went to the "White Chapel" an architecture building that is proof that our ancestors knew that the earth was round. Touching the stones and walking the ground of scared temples and tombs overwhelmed me every time. Im thankful for this experience because I know that never again will I will i experience that feels that I have right now. Bare with me..

Dana

Shout out to the Kings and Queens who ruled this land before it was taken from us...

2 comments:

Dana A Williams said...

Love you too Dana Dane. And you're darn right we're tired. Do you think those lectures get on those power points by themselves? Why do you think we're either late for diner (10:30 last night) or not there at all. But when you guys get it, it makes it all worth while. Didn't you feel smart today at Ipet Isut!

Ernest C said...

i am not annoyin...