Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Search

It is 10:30 pm in Aswan, Egypt and I am sitting on the balcony of my room which overlooks the Nile Valley. There is so much peace in the air. As I look out, I see the full moon and a few stars scattered in the sky. My heart is content.
Words can’t begin to express how amazing these last few days in Egypt have been for me. In the last few days, I have seen “human creativity at its best.” Even now, I am still in a surreal state, my mind still can not phantom how these magnificent structures were built by the Egyptians
I think what has made this trip even more amazing is the conversations and discussions we have had. I remember two nights ago, a group of us sat outside in the hall way of our hotel; we began to discuss life and the order of things (Maat). We talked about religion, race and everything that made the world round. As we sat on the floor, I told my new friends that I was scared of this knowledge. In my entire life, I have lived in a box and believed my way of life was the only way of life. But what I have realized is that as one travels around the world, one realizes every culture is different and the ultimate truth is different in the eyes of every man.
I still have so many questions in my mind and my soul continues to search for my ultimate truth. Nonetheless, I would not change anything about my experience thus far
~Marcy~
"Be the Change you wish to see"

No comments: