Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week one almost complete...

I can’t believe I have been in Egypt for almost a week. It is mind blowing for me to look back on all we have done in just these 6 days. Ever since touching down at Cairo International Airport, we have spent every minute submerging ourselves into the history of Kemet. From the mosques to the pyramids to the tombs, I have witnessed so much history, but most importantly realizing that this is MY history. It is astonishing to see all these wondrous things but also know how they came about. Classes are so informative and I am fully prepared for what I will see the next day. Today at Abu-Simbel, I noticed how much we, as a class, are truly learning. We knew about Ramses and his battles. We knew the gods and goddesses depicted in the temples. We engage in stimulating conversions about what we get out of seeing all these great structures and writings. Never did I think I would be in an Egyptian tomb being able to read cartouches in hieroglyphs. I am loving every minute of this trip. I could not ask for a better group of people to be sharing this once-in-a-lifetime experience with. But as week one ends, it only makes me more excited about what is in store for week two!!

Clarice :]

No comments: