Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sense of peace


I did not think my last blog of my trip to Egypt would be so difficult to write, but it is. First, I would like to say how blessed, grateful, and thankful I feel to have experienced such a magnificent place. If someone would have told me this time last year, I would have gone to Egypt I would have simply laughed. I am so thankful to have people in my life who care enough to push me and that want to see me succeed. Thank you! In my very first blog, I wrote that I was anticipating a life-changing experience. I can honestly say I have acquired that life-changing experience. I have learned so much about myself, my ancestors, and how I want to make a difference in this world. I really on this trip was able to look at the woman in the mirror. I am empowered and  truly even more equipped to make a change. Everyone on the trip, from the students from Miles, Chicago State, Northeastern Illinois, and my beloved Howard were wonderful. We were able to learn from each other, share powerful testimonies, and engage in intellectual conversations. I feel that the friendships that we developed on the trip will continue for years to come. I was always treated like the baby of the group, being the youngest, but everyone especially Sarah, Kirin, Michelle, Debra, and even James all were like my big sisters and brothers. They took really good care of me. I am truly appreciative for them and their patience. lol I am really excited to take what I have learned to my community and to let them know the power we hold in our hands as descendants of kings and queens. As I left Egypt, I gained a sense of peace. I have a sense of peace about myself, my past, and am eager for the future. Thank you Egypt, Dr. Carr, Dr. Batey, Dr. Agee, and Dr. Welch for such a wonderful once in a lifetime educational experience. To my new family, the Egypt Study Abroad trip 2010, much peace, love, and happiness to you all. This is definitely not the end, but so long, farewell, until we meet again. : ) 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed and learned a lot from your experiences in Kemet. I'd definately like to go next year!!!

Corine Jackman

Sarah Roberts said...

Hotep! Gavette! It was our pleasure to help watch out for you.....cause that's what a family is for. I love this blog.

Jeorge Robbert said...

Big thanks to you for sharing such great information.Bob Thein guide

Anonymous said...

Great job! Great ideas and quite brilliant!

language-school.hk