Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye & Return "Home"


A scribe is one who hears what is said but one who loves what one hears does what is said. Therefore, in order to be the best scribe I can be, I might as well keep writing.

Right now, we are starting the journey back “home”. We are leaving Luxor and heading back to Cairo where we will unfortunately spend our last night and begin our journey to New York tomorrow morning. Personally, I think my peers as well as myself would prefer to head back to Aswan and never go back “home”. On the other hand, I have this feeling that although we have become so close, it just maybe time to put some distance between ourselves. When certain people start snapping on you, it is definitely time to say goodbye.

Now you may be wondering why I refer to America as “home”. This is because in reality we are already home. “Home” is the place of residence created for you by our ancestors who fought and struggled for this place of residence after they were kidnapped from their place of comfort. However, we must return in order to share what we have learned with those who did not have the opportunity to join us this time around. Hopefully, we will be able to bring them in the future and personally share with them first hand because no story of our experience will hold a torch to an actual first hand one.


No comments: