Monday, August 2, 2010

The beginning

It's so amazing to even have this opportunity, to see a civilization that has dominated others with its splendor and magnificence. It is even more amazing that although I have thought about this day for so many years, I am finally heading to Africa, the home of my ancestors. I want to touch the things that people thousands of years ago have touched and remember that a mighty people have and continue to walk this land.

Right now, I'm getting the last minute items together and will soon be leaving to NY. Even as I sit here writing this, I realize that reality has not yet sunk in, and I still do not fully understand that within one day I will be in Egypt. I pray for safe travels for all of my fellow companions and peace for all of those that we are leaving behind.

Blessings,

Glo

1 comment:

Dana A Williams said...

Well, you're there now! What's it like to see a pyramid for lunch? Amazing, eh?