Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Toast to Egypt

Two weeks…GONE!

I cannot believe it. I am sitting on a plane back to the America I thought I missed. It was only when walking down the breezeway to the plane that I realized: I’m not ready.


Of course, I miss EVERYBODY at home and it was hard not being able to freely pick up a phone or use Internet, but then again, it was nice to be away.

This was my first time abroad and I am so glad I started here. Egypt, as I said in my first post, has been a lifelong dream. Now, I can say, that dream has been fulfilled…more than I ever thought it would be. It seems like we have done EVERYTHING here that there is to do. I am so glad that I went with the Howard University tour group. There is no way that I could have gone to every site and stayed as long as we did by myself.

Along with the wonderful itinerary, and excellent lectures, I met some great people that I doubt I would have met any other way. And the best part is, we all go to the same school! Although we were only here for 2 weeks, it feels like a month (IN A GOOD WAY! LOL). All of us have had such a great time and there was honestly not a second that I regretted coming or wanted to go home.

I will admit, I am ready to get back to American food and some other comfort things, but those things are so minor in comparison to the experience. Like I said, I feel like I wanted to stay— I cant believe that. But even though we’re on our way back, I’m already making plans on where to go next. Hopefully I will be able to tag along on the South Africa trip next year with this same group. Wherever I go though, I have been primed for a lifetime of travel. The whole process was exciting..

Before I left home, I tweeted, “I can’t believe I’m going to Egypt and I probably wont believe it until I’m back home or at school.” I must say— I just might be prophetic lol.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I JUST SPENT 2 WEEKS/ HALF A MONTH IN EGYPT!!!!!!

Several times throughout this trip, I would stop and say….”HEY! We’re in Egypt!”. Now, I’m going to change it…

HEY!!! I was in Egypt!!!! Amazing.

Salute! ::raises glass::

No comments: